The Westminster Golf Course
The Westminster Golf Course travels around eight lakes with generous landing areas making it both beautiful and player friendly as well as exciting to play. These strategically placed water hazards, as well as the “few” sand bunkers, make for a challenging round of golf. Amenities include a practice range, with driving, chipping, and putting practice areas. We also have a great well stocked Pro Shop with a PUB style Restaurant open every day for lunch and three nights a week for Dinner (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday Nights)
Westminster is enjoyed by all levels of golfers. We are a player friendly course from the forward tees to the back tees that really challenges the lower handicapper. We are a “TEE it FORWARD” golf course and have added two new tees in 2012 to give us a total of six tees so as every handicapper can enjoy the game. You may book your tee time on our website under the Tee Times tab, six days in advance and look for web site deals too!
Open all year to the public
A privately owned and operated public golf course located in a private golf community. Westminster Golf Club is a semi-private golf course and accepts resident & non-resident memberships. Seasonal affordable prices, great course conditions, experienced and friendly staff, and our great practice range facilities, that bring golfers back year after year.
Voted the best public golf course in Lehigh Florida and surrounding area. Westminster provides a great golfing experience.
Westminster has a Grass driving range well marked so you can see how far the ball goes without a splash. There are 8 target greens at different distances ranging from 50 yards to 250 yards. The range is 325 yards long and 200 yards wide. This gives you plenty of room to practice and plenty of stations so you do not have to wait for one.
Westminster is equipped with the e-range machine for our customers which means you can pre-pay for their range balls and never have to come into the pro shop and stand in line. When the pro shop closes at 5:30, the range is still open. With having an e-range key range balls can still be obtained by using your key long after the pro shop closes!
Drive for show Putt for Doe! Our putting green is maintained daily. This gives our golfer a good idea as how the greens will be putting today. This is also a great place to practice your putting on the green and from off the green (the first cut) for those shots where a putter might be a smarter club to use.
Our chipping green, located next to the range, not only has plenty of room to practice chipping , it also has hills located next to it to practice the below and above the feet lies, as well as those uphill and downhill lies. There is also a large sand bunker to practice those up and downs for a sandy.
Range Machine & Balls
No better time to start practicing! Tune up your game before the season gets underway. Our new range ball dispenser not only works from a simple pin number, but also functions by card, sold here in the shop!
Be sure to stop in the golf shop and purchase your membership card for the season! These buckets are intended to be hit the day of transaction.
Please do not buy buckets and keep them in your private golf cars.
Westminster Dress Code, Rules & Information
- Men - Collared shirts with sleeves. Slacks or Bermuda length shorts are considered appropriate attire. Tank tops, tee shirts, fishnet tops, cut-offs, sweat pants, warm up suits, blue jeans or denim shorts, tennis shorts, short shorts or other athletic shorts are not permitted.
- Women - Dresses, skirts, collared shirts with no sleeves or golf shirt no collar but with sleeves, bermuda length shorts are considered appropriate attire. Halter tops, tee shirts, fishnet tops, bathing suits, sweat pants, warm up suits, blue jeans or denim shorts, tennis dress, athletic shorts, cut-offs or short shorts are not permitted.
- Shoes - Golf shoes with soft spike shoes only (No metal spike shoes).
- Our dress code is mandatory for all players. If you are in doubt as to your attire, please check with our golf shop. Golfers not properly attired will not be permitted to play or use the practice facilities. The Golf Staff reserves the right to make final decisions on compliance with the dress code policy.
Westminster Golf Course Rules
- Out of bounds defined by white stakes, fence-defining the property line, private property within the community and roadways surrounding each golf hole.
- *Note: there are Green stakes marking the entry point to drive on the fairway and Red stakes marking the exit point off the fairway. This is to protect the quality of the golf course. Your cooperation is required. Thank you!
- Lateral water hazards are defined by red stakes and red lines on cart paths define lateral hazard.
- Embedded ball rule in effect through the green.
- Westminster Golf Club plays Ready Golf. We ask that you keep up with the group in front of you.
- Cart paths only on all par 3 holes.
- All sprinkler heads and 150 yard stakes are measured to the center of the green.
- Players must use cart paths around all tees and greens.
- Metal spikes strictly prohibited anywhere on the premises.
- Players are required to fill divots, fix ball marks and rake sand bunkers.
- All food and beverage must be purchased from Westminster Golf Club.
- Proper attire is required at all times on Golf Course and Practice Range.
- Absolutely no walking anytime (golf carts only).