PGA Jr League
Jr. Golf League – June 9th to July 28th, 2022
- Registration Period: April 12th to May 31st
- Your Coach: Jacob C. Whitehouse, PGA
- Cost: $299 per player
- ($200 Coach Fee + $99 Annual Membership
- Check with Pro Shop for actual times and days of league
What To Expect
PGA Jr. League believes that every child can be a golfer. From those, brand new to the game to more competitive players, all skill levels are invited to learn and play in this welcoming environment.
Teamwork is the heart and soul of PGA Jr. League. Kids play on teams in a scramble format and wear numbered jerseys, supporting and learning from one another to develop skills that translate on and off the course.
PGA Jr. League experiences are led by expert PGA and LPGA Coaches. They’re committed to safety, care and organization, and ultimately helping children learn and enjoy a sport they can play for a lifetime.
The PGA Jr. League Format
- Each team is broken down into two-person pairs (or three if a substitute is included) who play together in games.
- All PGA Jr. League games are played in a two-person scramble format. This means that both players in a pair hit drives. The best shot is selected, then each player plays from the selected spot, and this process continues until the ball is holed.
- The scramble format is key in allowing everyone to hit shots and contribute to the team. PGA Jr. League utilizes match play scoring, which focuses on performance vs. a score-to-par as is traditional with golf.
- Within a PGA Jr. League game, pairs play in a head-to-head, 9-hole match. Each match is broken into three flags. Each flag is three holes in a row, and each team has the opportunity to earn points at the end of each flag.